Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Gorilla Is My Animality (And Being Thankful)

Thanksgiving is tomorrow so you maniacs better brush up on your training before having that huge feast. I know i'll be hungry as hell that day, hopefully the family i'm hanging with can make enough food for this beast. Other than that how the hell are you guys? Got a good mid-week going or do you have those mid-week blues? Sometimes it can be lonely for some of you and maybe you don't celebrate a holiday like this, i'm certainly not the biggest fan for a few reasons but I do my best to make it just another day but with insane amount of food.

The first thing I want to talk about is what are you thankful for? However the year has been for you what have been the positives? For me; i'm thankful for the people in my life especially my girl Holly. Only 7 months in and she has been a light that shines bright even in some dark moments plus has been the best thing to happen to me in a long time. There has never been a day where we don't laugh or are there for each other when we need it the most. I push her in training sometimes but she also pushes back even harder to have me step up my game and it has. I'm also thankful for my friends in the fitness world who encourage me and inspire me everyday to be creative and sharing their passion. These are the top 2 i'll mention but I've got more that I want to just hold onto myself.

The second thing I want to mention is; in the spirit of Animal Exercises I want ask all of you, what is your Animality? For those that don't understand it's a term that came from the Mortal Kombat video games I use to play as a kid and when you were the winner of a fight you could finish the helpless opponent by doing some really gruesome stuff but another option (if you knew the right codes and directions) was to tear the guy to pieces by turning into an animal that your character's spirit possessed like Liu Kang had the Dragon, Nightwolf was well a wolf or Sonya Blade being the Hawk. Every one of us has an animalistic spirit dwelling within. The easiest way to find that out (at least from my experience) to channel that is to do Animal exercises, practice as many as you can creating games, scenarios, competitions or learning the various moves and instinctively figure out which animals seems to be the most frequent and favorite that you do. The gorilla happens to be mine. I always train and seem to intuitively do this exercise more often than any other Animal. This isn't an invitation to figure out your animality and going out killing people or anything like that. It's unleashing that powerful spirit within you that helps shape your body, makes you stronger, powerful and full of insane conditioning.

It can be difficult finding out which animal suits you and the way you move but that's the beauty of Jungle Fitness is to find a new sense of yourself and unleashing that inner strength you may not realize is inside you. That internal force that brings out our instincts and gives us that glare most will never understand. The gorilla is mine because I love the strength it possesses, the sheer power of it's tendons, the musculature of it's chest, back, arms and neck. It is congruent with what I want to achieve and that's being as being big and athletic as possible. I'm the ground and pound kind of guy if I wrestled someone, I love to climb at times and walk as if I was King Kong. Your Animality might be different but you have to feel it and experience that passionate fire and how you move, the way your mind and awareness comes into play. We all have it yet only a small few have ever achieved it.

That's all for today you guys and I want to wish you and your family a very happy thanksgiving and for those that don't celebrate it, kick back and just be you. Before I go I have a surprise for you. One major company I represent will be having an insane Black Friday sale that will be 40% OFF and free shipping for orders over $100. Now that's awesome and I can't wait to share with you and it's one of the best fitness companies in the world today that has helped thousands of people all over the world and has been used by athletes in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Soccer, Rugby and College Sports. You don't want to miss out.

Kick ass today and everyday,

Ben

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *