Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Love Of Training


    There are two types of people who train; those who are out for impressing others to make themselves look better and those who want nothing more than to do what they love and spread it to help others find that passion. I happen to be the latter; I don't have six pack abs, or chiseled biceps, horseshoe triceps and I certainly don't have quads that would impress even the great Tom Platz but I damn sure love what I do and I make it a point to do the very best of my abilities and share my passion with the world. Just because you look impressive doesn't really mean much especially if you put your health at risk plus you act like a jackass to other people who don't look like you. I'm not going to lie there are some awesome looking men and women out there but there's a surface there too not many realize unless you're in their life or you've been around them so long you can practically hear the inside of their head (slight exaggeration). Training is really about passion and seeing through your goals no matter what people say to you about them.

 

    We idolize other people for a reason, actually more than a few reasons but the basic ones are; because they have something we wished we had, they're larger than life beyond our own blood, they have a sense of energy we crave and we want to live that life. When I was growing up, I was a huge basketball fan and was enthralled with Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls because he can do things no man on the court could do, he had charisma, energy and his skills were uncanny and I use to dream of playing in the NBA but yet the furthest I got in Height was 5'6 and I was a pudgy 200 pound teenager and had no real skills on the court and for a kid like that I couldn't possibly be able to do all that stuff plus it did shatter my dreams when someone told me I could never play in the NBA. Just so we're clear Jordan's real retirement was when I was at the end of my 7th grade year so I was still short and very stocky. The point I'm making here is we do so much to try to be our idols when we forget to be the very best of ourselves and wanting to live someone else's life. There are people out there who want to be the next Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Cena, Buster Posey, Tom Brady or Joe Thornton but the truth of the matter is, you don't need to be exactly like them because they're already taken and like everyone else they have skeletons behind their closets you don't want to be apart of, do your best to create the strongest version of you and pushing to find who you are and what you really want to be and live a life that is yours and not someone else's.

 

    Now i'm not big on showing off or making anyone look bad, it's not in my nature but I do like to show people what I'm capable of to give them a sense of who I'am and let them see a side of me I truly want to share. It feels awesome however when people say you can't do something and you end up shutting them up right in front of them. It's a feeling of being free from that negative bullshit and you can do awesome things that those same people said wasn't possible. You don't need to reel it in like a little 5 year shouting "nan a nana I told you" because that just makes you an ass and you're embarrassing yourself; some people are that naïve and have a narcissist fetish so don't be that person. Be the person that helps someone overcome that fear of insecurity and teach them how they can be stronger not just physically but emotionally as well. That's the type of love I have for training because I get to help a kid maybe an elder who thinks they don't have it in them anymore because they're over the hill, it makes me happy when I get to practice all these programs and exercises just to find what I can share with and be open to someone who wants to learn and me learning from others. What is even more awesome is when you set aside the crap being dumped on you and you fight back in a way that is positive and doing something you didn't know you were great at and you go even further just to see where it leads.

 

    I have done all kinds of shit in my training that ought to be in an encyclopedia but it's not what is on the outside that really makes a difference, it's what happens internally when you feel powerful, vital and you have that feeling within that is giving you the chance to do something awesome and amazing. I use to focus so much on the outside (still do at times but hey I'm human) that when I finally began to learn what the internal felt like, it made far more sense to me and it's helped me push beyond even more than I've done in the last ten years. You can do all the push-ups, lift the heaviest weight, the most extreme workout all you want but if it's not within deep in your soul and you have that passion to keep learning for the sake of learning than you haven't hit the basic form of internalizing yourself. Since I was 13 years old, I wanted to be the biggest and the strongest dude that people came across and as it turns out; I'm happy where I'm at, I'm in great shape, I have plenty of muscle that isn't useless and I'm the strongest I've ever been in the near 20 years since I've been in fitness. I can't complain but I'm sure as hell not done improving or learning, I got a very long journey ahead of me and it's going to be one hell of a ride. That's my true love for training that is the journey and the never ending quest to be the very best of myself.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *