Monday, May 16, 2011

My Detication Workout To The Late Karl Gotch & My 6 Year Anniversary

Yesterday was the 6th year anniversary of the day I broke both my legs in a cliff jumping accident. Since then I deticated workouts to celebrate what I had accomplished over the last few years and this time was no exception and added a twist to it. So what I did was for this particular workout was the Karl Gotch Bible that the old-time wrestler created to make one of the greatest conditioning elements in the world. Karl Gotch always said to work the foundamentals push-ups, squats and bridging. I took out one of my decks of cards, shuffled them around and hammered out what I could. I varied the push-ups to work different muscles from different angles but stuck with the hindu squats/jumpers. I finished the whole deck in 21min. and 13sec. Thats a new PR for me.

After that I did some bridging and stretching/energy drills and finished the workout in less then 45 min. Now I don't know about you guys but it was fucking tough and whoever tries it is in the ride of your life. This takes toughness to a whole new level. This was a very high moment for me because when I first started walking again I couldn't do 10 cards let alone regular hindu push-ups and hindu squats so to say this was a huge accomplishment would be an understatement. I've done plenty of workouts to be a bit of an expert on how tough you have to be to pull off certain exercises. Now what if you wanted to be a conditioned athlete and take your workout to a level only the elite can achieve. With enough practice and by your creativity you can become somewhat superhuman and achieve a level of conditioning that the average joe only dreams of.

Take a look at Conditioning For Combat Sports by The Great One himself as he puts a young man through a workout that will blow you away. Also if you want to see some true conditioning elements take a look at Submission Master by Gotch student Yoshiaki Fujiwara. His students demonstrate along with him the brutal tactics of Catch-As-Catch-Can Wrestling with some very important exercises for the whole body. Its in Japanese but it gives you certain points and helps you understand key factors. I believe you won't be disappointed.

Scientific Wrestling

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *