Thursday, June 16, 2022

Trusting The Process

Goal setting isn't easy and it can be overwhelming to try and tackle what you want while also dealing with other things in your life. We have a hard time trusting ourselves more than what we try to accomplish. Often times, we barely even trust the process and the consistency. It's one of the reasons why 99% of the time my programs fall by the way side after a very short period of time. I don't always trust myself and it's difficult to stay consistent when your brain is wired to the point where the attention span and interest becomes stale.

As you know, I don't like talking very much about my goals or what I consistently do because it derails my own progress and if I talk about it too much or too soon, I lose interest fast because in the end I don't trust myself to keep it up. I do believe in trusting the process but as an individual, we have to do it in our own way and not what everyone else wants because on one end of the spectrum, many don't give a rats ass what you do but others expect certain things too. Where is the consistency and trust in yourself when you have two sides of a coin fighting each other when it comes to your progress?

I love sharing what I do but also have my own fears of being consistent and talking about it. This doesn't make me weak, it makes me human and many think that's one and the same which is completely untrue. It's already hard to do something every single day and not just for a few weeks but everyday for nearly 2 decades. It is a habit but it's also a second language that comes natural to me but at the same time, sticking to one program almost exclusively is much harder to do than to do something everyday. 

One of the key problems in today's fitness influencing culture is to find the right programs that give you as an individual great benefit. Many programs work in and of themselves but the person presenting it and "marketing" it as god's gift to health and fitness is all over the place and many influencers are messed up individuals themselves and try to tell you how easy it is. Ever notice many influencers in warmer climates or more towards the ocean and the sun is always shining? Not everyone lives in LA or even knows what Keto is or what a Bosu Tricep Kickback On One Leg does. There are people who consistently in other areas that deal with snow, desert heat, have jobs, kids and volunteer work so they don't always have the time to do your particular style of training. 

Training is meant to be simplistic, not complicated or rocket science. Sprints, Bodyweight, Cables, Isometrics, Odd Objects and maybe a Hammer or Kettlebell are really the basics but they don't all have to be in the same format or place at the same time, you can do one or the other. I learned to be self-reliant when it comes to my own training and I'm learning as time goes on, it is difficult to train somebody and it isn't for everyone. It's not an issue where we personally train others but to teach them how to be self-reliant themselves because your personal trainer won't be going camping with you, they don't travel with you, they won't always be able to be reached and there will be days where you might miss a session or two. 

We fight ourselves to be consistent and results won't always be in our favor. They come when they're meant to. You're not going to turn into a Chris Hemsworth in 10 weeks, not every Bodybuilder will win a Mr. Olympia no matter how much he trains and you can train all you want to be the GOAT of your sport but you'll never come close to a Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Patrick Marleau or Pele. Train to be better than you were yesterday, change things up when needed and utilize your mind and body as if they were one and the same. Trust the process as much as you can, rely on your instincts and not what someone thinks you should be or should do. You are a person, not a lab rat and you certainly have greater potential than you give yourself credit for. We all need to learn that, even me. Become a better version of yourself one step at a time. 

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *