Friday, February 7, 2020

The 12 Days Of Combat Conditioning




For almost 2 weeks straight, I've been doing the Matt Furey Exercise Bible that consists of Hindu Push-ups, Hindu Squats, V-Ups & Tablemakers. I haven't been this consistent with this area of the Combat Conditioning System in a very long time and I'm glad it's becoming a habit again; slowly of course.

The first few days were tough as hell and felt like quitting multiple times but I just couldn't let go of feeling that the deck could be my best friend instead of a competitive enemy. It got better each day though and although some days are harder than others, you get through it despite having some mental lapses. It is a rediscovery of what gave me the strength and stamina to build my legs back from the severe breaks in my shin and ankles.

My timing on the cards isn't a priority of mine and i'll tell you why; I hate having to compete against the clock for one and 2, I just want to enjoy the journey. I used to do just push-ups and squats and would finish within 18-25 min but because of the tension I carry in my lower back if I go too fast, I'm risking injury. I'm letting speed come natural and focus more on my breathing and form than compete against time. I do love that I'm getting in better shape and it makes me work hard but I need to be smart as well. I keep my timing around 38-45 min of a workout.

As I get better and able to relax more as I move through the deck, I'll add a few more of the Combat Conditioning Exercises. Although these four exercises are more than enough for most people, I like to do things throughout the day so as I progress, I'll throw in some Reverse Push-ups, Jumpers, Bridges, Handstand Holds, Skipping the Ropeless Jump Rope and others. For me, it's about the journey and being able to move fluidly and not rely on timing, if I only have a few minutes, I'll do some exercises and be happy with it.

Some people feel that they need to do a minimum of 30 minutes or more straight of exercise because that's what they believe will keep them in shape and that's what they were taught to do, my wife tends to have that mindset and although noble, it doesn't help her much if she's also trying to work an 8 hour shift, drive to and from work at a minimum of 40+ minutes and also try to calm down and eat dinner after dealing with various people all day. I do have a tendency to get on her about that and I know I come off like a dick about it but I'm doing the best I can to come from a place of love and encouragement. Slightly going off topic but if you're one of those people who wants to get exercise in, use the time that is possible and do what you can in the span of time you have. Very rarely these days where people have sometimes 2-3 jobs to support themselves or their families have 30 minutes they can devote to exercise. Learn the time you are open to doing or get up earlier before work and do maybe a few push-ups and some squats, do 10 minutes of jumping rope if that's all you have for the day to do and nothing else, don't always let the difficulties of life steer you away from being fit.

Fitness is hard work and it takes discipline, patience and mental toughness but it doesn't have to be a chore and felt like you are going to hate it. Not everybody can be fit like those in the infomercials and not all programs are created equal. Find what gives YOU the best benefit and adjust to what you're willing to devote time to. I'll admit, I'm one of those rare people who devotes to exercise 365 days a year and have been for nearly 15 of those years so I can't see myself in somebody else's shoes but I do encourage YOU to exercise even for a few minutes each day or 2-3 times a week if that's all you have. Life as it is can steer you away from so much but it is up to YOU to fight back and train the best way at the time and fight back without putting so much stress on yourself. Treat exercise as a way to feel better and never treat it like a necessity or something you HAVE to do and feel miserable.

That's what I love about Combat Conditioning, you can do it whenever you want, virtually wherever you want and it doesn't take up a ton of time. Whether for 2 minutes or 2 hours, this system can be used how you see fit and make your own schedule. Make the most of what you can, not what you can't and not force or cram in so much it'll make you anxiety-prone. It is a journey, not a destination and everyone has 24 hours in a day, if you want it bad enough, you'll get the time in.



5 comments:

Big Bruv is a weirdo beta. said...

Nice article Ben, a buddy of mine has been doing this and he looks better and is fitter than when he was lifting weights. Wonder when the fat, demented losers at the Asshole Mongo Men forum are going to start putting photos and videos of themselves up? Probably never because you can't make shit look nice 😁 Heard some interesting rumors from a lot of people about the beta cuck on that forum who calls himself PARKERSTAR ( and he seems to have a weird obsession with your good self), it seems our big brave "macho" man has a reputation as a woman beater, and females tend to avoid him like the plague! If only the other lunatic on that forum, the freak who calls himself MACKY, had used the wild birds who he believes are his late wife talking to him to tell PARKERSHIT💩 to stop harrassing ladies, or better still used the psychic powers that he claims he developed through Tai Chi, and which he claims makes him able to see through curtains and walls (LOL) to tell PARKERSHIT to stop being such a turd loser. Use their obsessive hatred and jealousy of happy people to give you more strength dude. We carry on with our normal lives while they wake up and obsess over happy and successful people. Stay strong Ben,and keep training.

I Digress said...

Hey "Big Bruv is a weirdo beta,"

Perhaps you can ease up on informing Ben's audience of what's going on on that other forum and simply address what's going on here.

(I really hope you're not a troll trying to instigate something between Ben and them.)

Big Bruv is a weirdo beta. said...

I don't like the way they treat Ben, and I don't like bullys.Maybe you have a dog in this fight? Upset that your buddies at that other forum are getting a taste of their own medicine? Maybe you are a bully? A person with any intelligence can read that I give Ben encouragement and admire his training ethic, so I am not going to let your friends at that other forum get away with their vile postings. Okay?

I Digress said...

I'm not a bully and they're not my buddies. I apologize if you're not being a deceptive troll.

Big Bruv is a weirdo beta. said...

Apologies accepted,but the things those freaks say about Ben and other people ( and their wifes and relatives) is vile and disgusting. Bullys like those sewer dwellers always deserve a taste of their own medicine. Talking of medicine, woman beater PARKERSTAR AKA PARKERSHIT/PORKERSHIT💩 is so fat he has to drink 50 bottles of indegestion medicine a week on account of all the food the loser eats!
Stay strong and motivated Ben.

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *