Monday, February 10, 2020

It Is Never Easy Posting Your Results




The last time I can ever remember being skinny was around the age of 10 and 11, so for 25+ years, I was a heavy kid. By the time I was 13 in middle school I was close to 200 lbs at a height of 5'4. As I got older and was hitting weights more often throughout high school, I put on some muscle but not much to show for. I couldn't run for the life of me, had less than average stamina, ok strength and very little flexibility. I didn't know what fitness can really do until I got into Track & Field doing the Shot Put & Discus and I wasn't very good at that either lol, throwing just under 33ft shot and over 100ft in the Discus.

Hitting the gym for nearly 2 years after high school got me pretty strong but wasn't fit according to certain standards and than my leg injuries happened, you know the story and that old chestnut. Learning the hard way of becoming fit without rehab wasn't without doubts but I was set in my ways and made the choice to become fit, not look like a greek god or anything like that but fit in the sense where yes physical changes were made but having real strength, stamina and flexibility was where I wanted to go.

Over the years, learning and experimenting with so many different programs and dieting that I have come to accept the fact that being big, at least my definition of big was a great protector but also being fit at the same time made me more useful. I know deep down I don't ever want to be skinny again or have a tight waist and V-Shaped but have a build that is meant for something and can carry me with a level of conditioning that not many guys at my size has.

Some have told me to look more fit like a fighter, some have told me to hit more of the iron again to develop mass that gears towards my size and one other person said I was in the top 3% of the strongest men in the world; they're all good things to say but the more they say it, the more reasons to stick to my choices of what I find to be fit. I'm not a fighter or a Combat Athlete in general but if somebody tries to test me just remember i'll keep going until I can't, weights were fun while they lasted and every now and then I get a bite but I'm happy not hitting weights (barbells, dumbbells, machines) any time soon and saying that i'm in the top 3% is pushing to the extremes, the compliment is a nice gesture but I don't deserve that kind of praise.

I have shown results of my training a few times over the years but it's been some time recently and wanted to share with you what I have done. I'll admit it's scary as hell. It takes courage to show what you have accomplished and SOME people recently can't stand it and it makes things all that much sweeter. I'm not ripped or have veins trying to push out of my skin and certainly a far cry from having extremely low body fat but it's a work in progress and training differently shows that. I love what I have accomplished and will continue to do so because this is my passion and I love being in great shape at 35. I'm fitter now than I ever was in my teens and have improved since being in my 20's.

People make certain choices, I made the choice to become the fittest I can be and still be happy in my life. Everyday I make the choice to either workout or not and some days are far harder than others but it always takes me back to when I was laid up in that hospital bed and thinking of what I HAD to do to walk again and choosing to rehab on my own. It was never about motivation, it was a choice and the risks I was willing to take.

Because of programs like Combat Conditioning, Animal Exercises, Isometrics and the variety of equipment I have, I get to challenge myself every single day and make the most of what is possible for me to do. It's ok to be scared to show people your starts and your updates but don't let fear tear you down for what you can accomplish and rise up to even inspire one person who is afraid to show themselves.




3 comments:

Big Bruv is a weirdo beta. said...

Looking strong Ben, keep training with the exercises you are doing. You are always going to be a big dude so don't worry about getting a six pack, any one with impartiality can see you obviously have a strong core/abs, as long as you always make sure to train your abs that's what is important.Knew a big dude like yourself at MMA and he could outrun and outtrain all us lighter dudes, and George Foreman wasn't ripped when he made his comeback was he, but look what he achieved.Trying to get ripped can seriously weaken a big framed dude, stay on the functional/endurance workouts and you will be fine.
Of course you know what will happen now you have posted your photos, those freaks from the Asshole Mongo Men forum are going to come crawling out from their sewer to mock you. They are probably getting their panties and adult diapers in a twist as we speak LOL!
But of course they won't post photos or videos of themselves up for people to see will they?
So let me ask them a question -
BIG BRUV, will you be posting photos or videos or are you too busy worrying if your wife is having an affair behind your back again,like she was when you lived in Spain?😁
MACKY, will you be posting photos or videos, or are you too busy looking for wild birds that you believe are your late wife talking to you, and let's not forget practicing your Tai Chi which you believe gives you the power to see through curtains and walls!😁
PARKERSTAR ( more like PARKERSHIT💩), are you going to post photos or videos, or are you too busy at your disgusting practice of beating women, and then wondering why all the females where you live avoid you like the plague?😁
So gain strength from those turds bullying, jealousy, and hatred Ben.
Remember you are happy and living while those sickos are miserable and dying inside.
Keep training buddy.

Anonymous said...

Grown men who spend time in photoshop programs zooming in and out on men as they alter images is goofy and downright queer.

Furey's program works because it tackles upper leg and back quite well; I was always told if you want to drop fat, work the big muscles in the back and legs.

Big Bruv is a weirdo beta, I believe it's pronounced PorkerShit.

Big Bruv is a weirdo beta. said...

That woman beater PARKERSTAR or PARKERSHIT💩/ PORKERSHIT💩 won't post his photos or videos, and neither will his butt buddy MACKY.
Hey MACKY if you are reading this ask that wild bird that you think is your late wife talking to you if it thinks you are in good shape😁
Hey MACKY,yes you parasite, is your Tai Chi still enabling you to see through curtains and walls like you claim it can? LOL! BIG BRUV could have done with your special skill to look through the curtains and walls of his house when he lived in Spain and his wife was having an affair, he might have been able to catch her at it then.😁
Keep training Ben, you are looking strong, those freaks hate confident, happy people.

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *