Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Getting More Into The Flow....Animal Flow That Is



Sometimes you change things up to get another perspective on training the body. I've been intuitively doing the Animal Flow movements a lot more lately mainly for the great stretching component and combining the elements of Animal Flow, Dynamic Stretching & the Static Holds of the Beast & Crab. They're not easy to do and a continuous flow adds on the conditioning aspects but the concentration and the way you switch from one to another isn't always done at a fast pace.

Sometimes after doing my Indian Club Workout, i'll come back in and do the stretching part of Animal Flow or combine the stretching of Animal Flow, Ginastica Natural & DDP Yoga. Some have similar movements but the more you keep going and lengthening your body, it becomes a hell of a workout. I find it relaxing and strengthening the brain to figure out where to go and finding out how you can move and hold positions in the snap of the fingers. I don't do a particular routine but I like to fixate on the movements themselves and what's possible to make transitions and really stretch.

Practicing this often really opens up the body and wakes up the joints. My focus right now is more on conditioning and flexibility, it has put everything else into place. I wonder if this will help with my BJJ and breath control? Anything is possible if you figure out a way to do it. The more you get into it, the more fun it becomes and it can be even fun in the beginning just learning the basics. Being playful brings out our inner youth and can be a great stress reliever. Have fun with Animal Flow my friends.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *