Monday, October 1, 2018

Do You Have To Be Loyal To A Specific Program?




When we learn something new that is exciting and gets us results, we tend to stick to that program and not see the others as another form of exercise. There are some die-hard enthusiasts out there using specific programs that have either become life changing, a change of pace or that it is the one-all-be-all. To tell you the truth, I know what it's like to be die-hard and do a program that just doesn't compare to others but the fact of the matter is, no program is created equal and none are the end-all-be-all.

True there are some programs I do like that i'm head over heels for like animal movements, isometrics and using a deck of cards for reps doing hammer work when I'm in that mode but I don't have that worship, needy and desperate need to do style that many people have. It doesn't make them bad people or any of those things but there comes a time where it is ok to experiment and mix things up. It has some similarities to meeting and having a relationship with some people, it's new and exciting but you don't always know the real deal until you have dug deep into the heart of it/them and see the true side to certain things.

Many people treat one program as if it was a marriage; it's rough on certain days, it's amazing on others but in the end, you can't live without it. I see it from another perspective; I don't see just one program as a thing I would do the rest of my life, I see everything I have learned and mold it into the perfect program for me. Taking the qualities, the flaws, the pros and cons plus trusting in it what I feel that invests my time and energy. It's like Weird Science where the two kids took a computer and created the perfect woman that has beauty, brains and a bit of a wild side and although it worked, they ended up learning something out of it they never expected. I take the very best that are like puzzle pieces and create a the best picture just for me but I also nurture it, take it for what it is and let it teach me things nothing else can.

What does this have to do with loyalty? There's nothing wrong with it but if you don't have a great investment in it, how can you manage your full heart and soul into it? Loyalty is a word thrown around a lot and not just in fitness and loyalty can be deadly if it's around the wrong kind of people. It is the same thing with exercise, it may look cool and you invest yourself in it but will it give anything back? Just like a relationship, you get what you put into and it goes both ways otherwise why call it a relationship? Invest what works for you and you put what you feel is worth it and if it works the way it was meant to, it'll give back more than you'll expect. Be loyal to yourself and what you invest in and the thing you put yourself into will give back, just pay attention to it.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *