Monday, January 15, 2018

Testing Out The Yoke For The First Time



Since joining a new gym recently, I found out they had a strongman room for all kinds of crazy things to do something stupid with. I tried out an atlas stone, log press and did a 285 lb. bench press but the one that hit me the most was the Yoke. This thing killed my cardio big time and as a first timer I will say it was a humbling experience. I figured just for kicks test it out and see how far I got, starting with no weights was 200 lbs. Going from one end of the gym to the other was not too bad.

I was also training with another guy that's a co-worker of my fiance's. He was adding the weight on as we got going. Not being used to it, I rested quite a bit since that sumbitch wore me down after each carry (like I said humbling). My last carry was with 435 lb. I believe maybe less. This alone just made me want to die but it was fun to hit that high. Finished up with just picking up the weight just to see if I could pick it up, it was around 525 lbs. 

Strength comes in all shapes and sizes and you never know what kind of strength you have until doing things like certain strongman lifts. This was out of my element since i'm more of the old-time school of strongmen bending bars, ripping phone books and bending spikes. Wanted to do something a little different for a change and get a sense of how this exercise was a big time entity for the strongest on the planet. Haven't gotten the full mechanics of it yet, just using raw strength barely knowing the technique. I'm 33 years old and this was my first experience, not many guys can say that in my opinion. Many men at 33 are starting to wind down and have that slow transition into the realization that they're not young and vibrant anymore and I'm doing my best to keep up with a 24 year old who's been doing it a while and never touching a major strongman implement in my life, I think I did pretty good. 

Want one for yourself or added on to your gym? Go HERE.....
  

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *