Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Kicking Ass With A Smile


    We always begin something within our mind and what comes next is the physical aspect, utilizing the old term Mind/Muscle Connection. Our body language can be mysterious at times because what you see on the outside is not even close to what's going on in the inside. How you handle yourself mentally will eventually come out in the physical. You can be the nicest person in the room but on the inside you can still be in pain for whatever reason and sometimes bringing out the opposite as a defense mechanism. Me personally I love to laugh and kick back, inside I feel different but often what I feel inside, you'll see it in my physical state as well. Mentally, it's tough to find the exact emotions you use as a controlled way of doing things. Unless you're an actor or have practiced staying the same state whether you have been criticized or not it's not easy being in a lot of pain and try to be a sweet person. However learning the yin and yang of your emotional complexity can help you understand what goes out and what stays in and vise versa.

 

    There is this notion in the fitness world where when you go for a workout three emotions will occur; one is being aggressive and having this mean look like you're about to rip someone's head off, we've all seen it, the second is that emotion of being out of your element and you look like you don't know what the hell you're doing but you try to act like you know and the third is that super focused state of mind both physically and mentally where you go after what you need to do, train your ass off and there is nothing that will stand in your way. There are other emotions you see in the gym or at home when you train but those are the main three I can come up with at the moment and I think some will agree with me. What I believe is everyone aught to train like a bad ass, move like you want to conquer everything around you and the exercises you perform may not always look pretty but you make them count and you have this powerful look like you're staring in the face of your opponent and you are beating him/her with a vengeance.

 

    One very uncommon entity that happens in a training session is how you smile as you train. Funny thing is it throws people off because most of the time you see people get so hyped up and full of adrenaline but when it's over you just want to crawl into a ball and die. When you smile whether it's a happy one, a sarcastic one or even a sadistic one, smiling is a different take on how you train in the beginning the middle and the end of a workout. Adding in the deep breathing element and utilizing the emotional content behind it you're training in a very different way. It's not the same workout anymore and you are finding that your results are different, you see things differently and you are making things interesting. Your focus should still be in play but adding a smile while you're kicking ass just makes you even more unique than the rest of them.

 

    When people go nuts in a workout it's not that crazy look they get when they lift or moving using their own bodyweight, it's that intensity that makes them take it to the next level. There's a difference between going mad and going nuts. When I do my workouts whether it's doing Global Bodyweight Training, Animal Training, DDP YOGA or playing with Sledgehammers I want to cut loose and just throw myself into it, sometimes I yell, other times I'm just so focused I can't feel anything else around me but more often than not I want to find out how to open my version of Pandora's box and just see what the hell comes out. I make stuff up all the time, I don't have specific routines or use any one particular source of training, I'm like Frankenstein; what can I come up that will form this over the top monster of muscle building, flexibility, free moving and hammer smashing strength. It's your mentality that gives you the purpose to go crazy, I've seen guys in the gym go mental on the iron and even seen guys who do crazy bodyweight stunts just floor their routine like he needed to be in the nuthouse but in order to physically show that you're thinking it up first. Think outside the box, mentally use your way around a workout and express your emotions freely and productively. Be awesome everyone and have a kick ass Tuesday.

 

    

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *