Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Injury That Saved My Life!!!!

Its heartbreaking when you have a major injury on your hands (could be literal) and a plethora of things just run through your mind and for most its "Am I ever gonna walk again?" or "Will I be able to play the piano again?" and a favorite "How the hell am I gonna live through this?" Its really about how you make yourself strong or how you make yourself weak. I've taken plenty of bumps in my life and some were funny and some were just horrific. I've had sore backs, dented knees, tendonitis, burned wrists, burned hands, nearly broken ribs yet none of them were compared to my leg injury 5 years ago. Broke the tibia-fubula in half on my left leg and broke bones in both ankles. I was one of those "Am I ever gonna walk again?" kinda guys and laying in that hospital knowing what the prognosis was and knowing that its going to be tough being in a wheel chair. I figured "Screw it, I've beaten bigger things then this and I hate the fact that i'm in this" so I fought back and did it without many knowing cause they would've told me I was stupid for doing it and crazy that a thought I had was pretty far off. After I was released from the hospital I rehabbed myself and I began to get better and better and eventually I started to do things I couldn't do before the injury. So how did my injury save my life.....Tought me mental toughness that has stuck with me since and what other things that I have gone through has been a breeze. Mental Toughness is the key to overcoming personal obsticals. Learn it Live it.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *