Monday, March 19, 2007

Ripping a Phonebook

This to me is one of the most impressive feats in all of strength. Most people today rip a book by either pushing down on the binding and break the book or sqeeze the pages together and "pop" the book which eventually tear in half but for me I like to tear the book like the old-time strongman and just use pure Grip strength. Now what I mentioned earlier on popping the book thats the cheating way to break the book and thats ok if thats what people want to do but its not nessecarly the only way. Ripping a phonebook is just plain awesome to do and the thing I like is that no matter where you are in the U.S they're usually free to grab in the area you live in.

The best way to get better at ripping phonebooks is just by progessing up to thicker books and as a novice for now my best book is 700 pages, I believe the world record is around 3000 so I have some work to do lol. I learned a technique to rip a book by the best pound for pound strongmen of all-time Dennis Rogers and the way he showed it on his DVD is so simple that any person willing to try and work up to a certain book can do it no matter what their size or age they are. When I first started all I did was fight the book with all the power I had and ended up hurting my thumb and it went numb for weeks just on that first day. After watching the dvd and practicing without any trouble I tore the hell out of the book, small but hey i'm learning here dude.

Eventually after practicing with many phonebooks small and slightly thick I got better and my grip strength skyrocketed. After watching the video he shows you certain exercises to do to help increase your chances in tearing thicker books and theres one exercise that he shows that takes your tearing to a whole new level and its very simple to make in your home and turn you into a ripping machine. I worked on this one exercise alone and my best time on a phonebook (mind you 700+ pages) was only less then 20 seconds. Now wouldnt that be awesome in itself to learn how to rip a phonebook, i'd take that any day of the week brother.

If your serious into learning how to tear phonebooks with ease heres the man to look for.

Yours in Power & Might

Ben

www.dennisrogers.net.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *