Friday, July 24, 2026

100 2 And 1 Sapates Workout

 Today was a hell of a test day. Wanted to see if I can do 100 of the 2 & 1 Sapate Exercise. Keep it at 10 reps per set, 2:30 of rest in between and go from there. Normally it takes me 5 seconds to complete 1 rep of this and on my HIIT days I can do about 6 in 30 seconds. Doing 10 of these in a row is actually pretty damn tough. 

I knew this wasn't going to be easy and it would get harder by the later sets. Even with the amount of rest I was taking, the reps were getting heavier by like set 4 or 5 and my breathing was feeling like I was doing sprints. There was even a split moment where I wanted to quit but it faded so fast that barely even remember which set I thought it. I was determined to hit that 100. 

This was really pushing my own limits and testing my conditioning and mental fortitude. It was Strength Training, Cardio, Agility and Explosiveness all in one shot. As time went on, the pacing had to slow down a bit because I was feeling the lactic acid build up. This is where the resting was a godsend because if I did any less especially for later sets, I would've felt like my legs were like jello and my breathing would've felt so damn unbearable that it would've been a miracle to get past sets 6 or 7. In later sets, think my timing per rep went up to about 6-8 seconds per rep which is still hard considering what kind of exercise this is.

Every time I walked it off to rest, I just did my route around the living room, calming my breathing as best as I could and think intently about making it through the next set cause it did get harder and harder. Felt like my heart was going to jump out of my fucking chest and it seemed like I was ready keel over and die, but I kept going. I kept fighting and even though I was soaked from all the sweat, it was very rewarding by the end.

I made it to all 10 sets, 100 total reps. 100 Push-ups & 200 Squats altogether. It's one thing to do them separately cause that wouldn't be much of a challenge for those who are consistent with bodyweight training but to combine them together like that, that's a whole other sport in itself. It's hitting so many muscle groups that its hard to fathom. This was a test beyond sanity or even physical conditioning. It was a test of what I'm capable of doing for myself and what the possibilities are to be able to do it moving forward. It was one of the hardest workouts I've done in a while and it made workouts like my 500-1000 rep band workouts feel like a pre-warm up before a warm up. That's how crazy it was for me.

Doing them in a HIIT fashion felt easier LOL. So, would I do it again? Never say never. Could be once a week or every other week, you never know until I write up about it. It was brutal, tough and a little fun. Care to give it a go? See how you do but I will warn you, this isn't for beginners so I don't recommend you do this without spending some time understanding the mechanics, the pace and the specific workouts to keep things flowing. Let me know in the comments what you think. 

No comments:

Power And Might's Comment Policy

After careful consideration, I have decided to create an updated policy regarding comments. This blog is a space for REAL talks on Physical Culture, Strength Training and other aspects of Life. I'm now welcoming genuine comments, questions and other positive contributions. I do have rules and boundaries set in stone however. They are simple but firm and I ask you to respect them: Be respectful. It's cool to disagree but I advise you to not engage in personal attacks, harassment, spam or trolling. Stay within the topic at hand. There will be no Anonymous Accounts or Fake Accounts to stir up Drama or Abuse. Comments will be moderated. Valuable and Respectful ones will be applied. Anything outside of these two entities will be deleted without hesitation. Your good intentions are welcomed. Causing problems will get you kicked out the door. Train with passion, speak with truth and show respect for this space. If you'd like to DM me through Email or Social Media, go to my Linktree below. The rules still apply there as well. Thank you.

Power And Might Uses Affiliate Links. Read Full Disclaimer HERE!!!

Affiliate & Medical Disclaimer I’m an affiliate for some of the products I recommend. If you buy through my links, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote Quality Equipment and Supplements I actually use or believe in for building explosive strength, power and other physical & mental attributes. Medical Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, physician, or certified medical professional. Nothing on Power & Might is medical advice. Always consult your physician or a qualified healthcare provider before starting any new fitness program, diet, or supplement — especially if you have pre-existing conditions or injuries. Supplement Warning: Do your own research. Read labels and ingredient lists carefully before using any supplement. If you have allergies, medical conditions, or take prescription medications that could interact, do not take them. Supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. They’re tools — not magic. Train hard, train smart, and take responsibility for your health. Be amazingly awesome.