Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Fun Times In Vegas

 For her birthday, my wife wanted to do a trip to Vegas and go see the Raiders play. Turned out to be an awesome time full of food, relaxing, walking and checking out the sites on the strip. Last time I was in Vegas was almost 12 years ago visiting my friend Garin Bader and seeing a show by one of his friends Cees De Kok. Was only there for maybe a day and a half while on a road trip with my dad back then so I didn't really take it in as much as this trip was.


This was one of those once-in-a-lifetime kind of trips where you get to spend several days with the person you love and seeing amazing things like the Titanic Exhibit at the Luxor, seeing Criss Angel's Mindfreak show and seeing the Raiders annihilate the Texans by nearly 20 points. I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime to do this with.

Although a couple bumps during the trip, it wasn't even in comparison to the fun we had. I still got my workouts in just not at my normal capacity since we did a ton of walking and only stayed in the room to either sleep or chill out for a bit in between site seeing. Did Overcoming Isometrics most of the time using the Iso Belt and getting in a deck of cards workout consisting of Hindu Squats, Hindu Pushups, V Ups & the Tablemakers. Workouts ranged from maybe 10-30 minutes if that and wasn't even going full bore with them. 


Seeing Criss Angel was a hell of an experience. I've only seen a couple magic shows in my lifetime prior and one of them was David Copperfield when I was a little kid in Lake Tahoe in the 90's. I had seen Criss' tv show back in the 2000's where he was coming into prominence as the top Magician at that time. His illusions were just bad ass and the blend of music and picture perfect performance was incredible. I've seen a couple of those tricks from other people like the Locked In A Box Trick, the doves and all that but some of them were mind blowing as hell and was really impressed with his sense of humor, attitude and ability to make an audience laugh but also give the feel that what you're seeing is definitely entertaining but a true master of his craft. He's awesome at what he does and make you think twice about what was real and what's the illusion. 

The Raider game at Allegiant Stadium was probably the best part of this trip. Team has had a rough time during the season and needed a desperate kick in the ass win to get some momentum back. Back and forth but as the game went on, the Silver & Black went on a rampage that was the thing they needed. Their running back hit up numbers for yards and carries that you don't see a lot in this time of the NFL, we're talking over 20 carries and around 150 yards just for the RB alone. Carr threw decently and got the win by nearly 20 points 38-20. The biggest highlight was an interception caught by Duron Harmon that he ran for a touchdown from 74 yards, never thought I'd witness something like that, it was deafening when that play hit. Overall, it was about as memorable as you can get. We wore our Jerseys, mine was Bo Jackson's #34. 



I may never get to see another game (or maybe we will if my girl has anything to say about it) but it was an experience I'll remember forever and a big thank you to the most awesome woman in my life. You made it incredible and I love you so much babe. Till next time. Enjoy the great times in your life, take trips when you can and be amazingly awesome to each other. 




No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *