Thursday, March 28, 2019

How Can You Trust The Information You Are Given Or Learning?

There's a lot of great free info around fitness websites, forums, blogs, podcasts and much more but while absorbing it, how much of it can be trustworthy and valued to you? Some places have info that is so freakishly basic and generic that it is boring as hell and people just can't always get on board. Some places even have colorful marketing ploys and fonts that just jump out at you and have this exciting look (believe me, I've fallen for it too) but is the info on there just to sell or really help you with your goals?

In my research and learning various methods from isometrics to circuit training, training in gymnastics, some training in submission grappling, strongman feats, bodyweight exercise, weightlifting, sports and others; it is easy to get sucked into something and not look at things on a deeper level. Certain people promote things just for the sake of promoting and not give a damn about what they're truly selling but on the other side of that same coin, people will market and promote things so damn hard that it is the end-all-be-all product along with never looking at anything else but that. What do your instincts tell you when you look at an ad copy? Do you trust what someone is selling or giving it away for free?

Let's cut to the chase, many people market fitness as ways to build income and the majority of marketers only care about selling and don't give a damn who buys it. The magazines, dvds, cds, webinars, youtube videos, kindle books, paperbacks and other digital downloads all play a role in how to drive people to their product or whatever. I will say not all marketers are assholes and do care who buys their product and even gives their gratitude to them in amazing ways.  The people I learned from the most give their blessings to the people who took a chance on them and got incredible results. People like Bud Jeffries, Logan Christopher, Steve Maxwell, Tyler Bramlett and others cater to a certain level of people but will work with the people that want the help. They're not in it just for racking the dough, they treat people with respect and dignity.

Now from my perspective and learning from experience both hands on and on the net, there's very little trust in what I want to learn. I can be a skeptic and have become a follower in certain methods but I never treat anyone like they're a god or some leader of a revolution, just want to learn and see where it takes me. On the net, trust is about as limited as you can get and you have to protect yourself from whom you get involved with. Yes I do have friends in the fitness world and some I even refer to somee as like brothers and I will promote them because I have seen how they treat people and how passionate they are, both are a rare combination in this world.

Most of the free stuff you'll find on the net are mainly on forums and blogs. Some are good, some are great and others are just freaking weird. I have written about some of these forums recently and I have to say, they're entertaining to a degree and have decent knowledge but just because it is free doesn't mean it's always the right way to do things but the same can be said when you pay for something. You have to be instinctive in what you choose and do your best to shield yourself from bullshit stuff. It isn't easy but it isn't impossible either.

I'm learning myself what I trust is the right info for me and have gotten caught up in the bullshit stuff. You really don't want to get into things that these assholes can exploit and make you feel less about yourself because it has happened to me and I hate that feeling. It is a process but remember what is important to you, keeping your goals on track and learn to trust yourself. It is easily seductive wanting to defend everything and developing strong ideals that creates enemies but the true enemy are the people who want to watch the world burn and feed on misery to fill their own ego because they themselves are miserable and become obsessed with being negative towards whatever made them bitter in the first place. Find the trust in the info that suits your interests and goals whether you pay for it or find it without paying a damn thing, you have the power, make it work for you. 

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *