Friday, March 30, 2018

Amping Up My Game In The Animal Dice Game

Before I do any big workouts in the day, lately I have been waking up and one of the first things I do is move around like a Bear in the living room going back and forth. I do a total of 100 Bear Crawls to stretch my lower back and get my body moving and it feels amazing, one day I did 200. I have posted several times about the Animal Dice Game on here and on social media and it helps to give those an extra boost on how they can get more out of the game to get stronger and conditioned.

You can create virtually any workout you want with this game and you'll still get tremendous benefit but for me, I just play by rolling for random repetitions and for the random animal and not expecting anything. I stop when I feel I've had enough and after several sessions lately it has helped me learn when to back off and know my limits because the greater you make the game, the tougher it is. Instead of going the regular repetitions of 1-20, I've taken it as far as doing 5 times that amount per animal.

After you get accustomed to going round after round to shorter reps or steps, sometime you might want to challenge yourself and see how wild you can really be. Try doubles (2-40) and see how that goes for a while. After a few weeks or so amp up to triple reps/steps (3-60), for some animals it's going to make you feel the burn big time and really kickstart those hormones. Each time you amp the amount of times per animal, it becomes even more grueling and even if you start on doubles, you'll be doing less rounds. When I began doing 5 times the amount of reps/steps, it really challenged my stamina, strength to move on certain animals and my conditioning. One animal alone was 200 total reps because for that animal I had to do 100 per leg, talk about brutal. I got as far as 20 rounds doing 5x the reps and that was all I can handle. I'd love to see someone pull that off.

This isn't to teach that in order to be in top condition, you do more and more reps, this is to teach that if you get bored, step it up a bit and be creative. You don't have to do reps/steps; you can do yards, feet, roll for distance if you want to race somebody, roll for time either in seconds or minutes whatever you want to do, make it work for you. I do the steps because that's what I like. I'm not going any higher than 5x the amount of steps because what would be the point? I've already made enough progress to where if I lowered the reps, I can go way longer and not tire out. This is for helping me stay conditioned for whatever else I do. The most steps all together in one workout has been 1000 and only have done that now on 2 occasions.

Do what makes you happy in your animal workouts because regardless of a game/workout you do, you'll get awesome results because animal moves force you to move every muscle and stabilize your core in awkward positions. Imagine what these workouts can do for you in your sport, hauling luggage, carrying groceries, going up stairs, able to go for a while on a walk without fatiguing. In combat sports such as wrestling and football, they can help with your arm strength to tackle or throw your opponent because of the crawling you're using the arms as a second pair of legs or they can help create explosiveness in your legs and have you run down the field or tiring out your opponent on the mat because you're so damn fast, he doesn't know what to do and wastes his energy trying to defend you.

It's more than just a game, it can make you a CHAMPION.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *