Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Why I Could Never Have Real Depression

Millions Of people around the world have some major severities of Depression and regardless of how they're treated, some things just never seem to go away. It is sad that these poor souls have to go through this. Depression can come from anywhere from severe trauma physically, emotionally, mentally and so on and a cure for it isn't in a pill or a hypnotic cd or what have you but it's merely a case of curing the SELF.

I never understood this until I was slightly older (mid 20's) but I have found how grateful I Am to have this amazing and unique memory that came from trauma as a baby. I still to this day don't get how it happens but at any point in the day regardless of how I feel and what my thoughts wrap on, something always triggers my memory somehow and I end up randomly laughing whether a little or full on screaming at the top of my lungs and crying hard of joy.

Granted I may never know true hard times compared to most people but I know what it's like to be forced out of places whether mentally or physically and I have coped with death to one of the best people I ever loved and cared about. I was pushed out of a relationship, sacrificed my way of living and leaving everyone I cared about near me behind and being in a situation where I came damn near close to not doing what I love and that's training everyday.

Growing up, I was always a movie buff especially action & comedy and whether anybody noticed this or not even myself, it had a profound effect on my psyche and the way movies, certain shows and even real life made things seem pleasant because of  how funny it was. I've seen plenty of dramas, tear-jerkers and some awful acting but I always felt drawn to comedies because if it made me laugh, the world was a much better place. There's more to this but that's for another time.

I want to give people the opportunity to find what makes them chuckle because even the slightest form of laughter can change the entire day or week or month in a single moment. The irony is some of the most depressed people on the planet are the ones that try to make others laugh because they don't want them to live with their pain and suffering. Depression can be just as debilitating if not equalled to a severe physically injuries or set of injuries. I truly hate the sight of pain of others and I feel for them and at times I just want to give them a hug. The more laughter we have in this world, the greater it will be.

Now there is a difference between positive laughter and negative laughter; the negative is through people who have cruel intentions and laugh at other people's pain and suffering, that's not loving and compassionate but a downright asshole. The positive is by finding laughter that feeds that energy and surrounding it with humor that makes others feel good or good within yourself. Laughter can be contagious and it feeds energy onto people, believe me if you could hear someone laugh whether 3ft away or 100,000 miles away and for some reason it clicks into your brain, there might be a case where you'll start to chuckle up and you'll either know why or have no clue but you'll end up laughing. That's the beauty of how powerful it can be.

I have been known to have a contagious laugh and a lot of times I can't really hide it. Something randomly can trigger me or have the most ridiculous thought and I start laughing and it has made some people around me uncomfortable but hey it's better to laugh than to be sad and depressed. We are all emotional in some form or another, we may not show it and hold it in but it's there but the question is, which one would you rather feed? Laughter or Sadness? Our connective energies feed emotions and whether we realize it or not, the path we follow will channel that energy. Somebody can have the worst things ever done to them but those very few have learned or are learning to channel that part about them and live their life the complete opposite.

There are over 7 billion people in this world, you're not alone and somewhere out there, someone will feed you the energy of laughter, you just have to find it.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *