Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Superhero The World Needed But Was Taken WAY Too Soon




This is one of those very difficult articles to write but it's something I felt the need to do. Yesterday afternoon, a young man barely 21 years old had his life taken away in a tragic motorcycle accident. His name was Noah Jeffries; the name may sound familiar in the strongman world because he was the son of Bud Jeffries. Nothing can be truly said of this horrific event of what has brought on this beautiful, amazing and very strong (in and out) family.

I had the humble opportunity to have met this one and a million young strength prodigy in the middle of 2011 at a strength seminar in San Jose, California. Just from the first glimpse of seeing him, you knew there was something extraordinary. From a physical stand-point, he was and always will be, one of the strongest kids I had ever witness. He was around 15 at this time and the things he could do with weights, steel bars and other aspects of strength were just surreal. He was doing things no child that age should be able to pull off and he was already taking the world by storm in our circle. The first time I shook his hand, he called me Sir LOL; no kid before or since has ever called me that and I was blown away by that to this day. He was humble, quiet but very happy and upbeat.

When I read the news on him, my heart just broke, this was a young man that had so much left to give in this world and he was I believe and stand firm by it, he was the strongest kid of his generation, bar none. This was the son of one of my dearest and most amazing friends and I can't help but feel not only saddened but just beaten down. It was like losing a little brother and a piece of you died with him. He was a man among men and had a fearlessness that was so unique and so powerful it makes you wonder how in the bloody hell can a kid that age be like this. He was raised by one o the strongest men on this planet and it is just so shameful that someone of this magnitude can be taken so soon.

He truly was a real life superhero with powers inside and out that no one of any age can match. He wasn't just a humble strongman either, he had one of the sharpest eyes for shooting me and others had ever seen. I kid you not, this human being was able to shoot quarters, pills and other objects in the air, it was beyond just trick shots, he had a legit eye for being to shoot from anywhere he wanted. His humbleness was second to none but if you messed with him, he had the potential to break you and you would remember it for life. He even had a mighty stint as a Jujitsu practitioner which made him even more dangerous in addition to his strength and keen eye shooting, he literally could've been a James Bond type beast with a smile that just made you like him right away.

He is and always will be a hero of mine and is loved by all that knew him and to his parents Bud & Heather, you are loved beyond recognition and your son made an impact that will never be forgotten. Wherever he is, I want the world to know that Noah was an amazing & powerful human being that wasn't meant to leave so soon. Rest in peace my friend, I will miss you everyday. It was an honor and an amazing privilege to have met you and to be a proud man to have at one time shake your hand. 

5 comments:

Heather Alderman said...

My heart is broken for this family I love so much. You couldn't have said this any better 💔

Robert Cardenas said...

I agree with this whole article 100%. I had the pleasure of training jiu jitsu with Noah when he was 12 thru 16ish and wow is all I have to say. Mind you I was a grown man in my mid 20's and he gave me all I could handle most of the time. I also did some power lifting with Noah and his father Bud and I watched a 13 year old Noah pull 450 easily on deadlift. Truly a young phenom. My goes out to his family. This article is greatly appreciated by his parents I'm sure. Thanks.

Tracy Wyatt Mock said...

Such a beautiful and well written article! My heart is broken into pieces for them .... many prayers are going up Bud and Heather 💙

Rob said...

Wonderfully written! Such a loss I would have loved to meet him, my heart goes out to Bud, Heather and family

vrtsystem.com said...

Ben, a beautifully written tribute to a charismatic and powerful young weight lifter: Noah Jeffries. My heart goes out to Bud and Heather. I wish I could've met Noah. His energy and kindness will live on.

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *