Monday, October 16, 2017

The Benefits Of Being Your Own Personal Trainer

Nobody knows your body better than you and for good reason; you're you and everything is through a series of means to learn how your body works on an outside source. Not to say its good to learn from others and do exercises, playouts and programs but in the end, it comes down to YOU and what you want out of it.

I've done playouts with plenty of people and they showed me a thing or two but yet many exercises I learned, I applied by observing and paying attention to detail in order for it to work for me. Yes its awesome to train people and I always enjoyed that but when I did, all I ever truly did was show them certain aspects of technique and let them handle it the rest of the way. Back in College when I was given permission to train a functional fitness class once a week, I showed people from 18-60 how to do Animal Exercises from complete beginner to advanced and gave them the chance to do the exercise the way it could work for them, not even going through too much of a technique just being simple and letting them have fun.

You can learn all the exercises you want but if any don't apply to your way of movement and your body doesn't have proper leverage for your structure, its not going to go well trust me. Certain exercises are not meant for everyone and that is ok, do what gives you the best benefit and leaves you feeling awesome about it. Due to previous injuries on my legs and ankles, I can't do certain explosive type movements or in this case Plyometrics to a high level so I have to adjust to how my body reacts and instinctively, do things that work well for my body and my mind in order to bring a level of fitness that's suitable.

Not everyone is going to have the perfect squat or push-up or curl or whatever; its because the way their body is structure through a specific movement that may not have the greatest technique but it doesn't injure them either. I do curls a weird way, I deadlift a certain way and do Hindu Squats differently regarding foot placement and the way my back naturally is geared to in the squat. You learn as you practice and finding out the best way to handle exercises so you don't get hurt. A 150 lb. Gymnast isn't going to have the same exact technique for handling pull-ups as a 170 lb. Calisthenics Practitioner, they're built differently and their bodies handle things in a different manner so who's to say one is stronger than the other or has better technique.

Throughout the right side of this blog are many courses you can learn and apply to your own structure and get fit using your own style based on what works and what doesn't. If it doesn't work for you than move on to something else until you have found the golden goose for your way of training. Practice your best exercises and become your own trainer. Here are some benefits to know of this application.....

You get to use your brain more by applying techniques and learning how your body reacts.

Nobody can tell you what to do and if you're doing it wrong. If you're doing it wrong your body will tell you.

Create your own playouts through your own set of goals.

It teaches you how to construct the min/muscle connection as being self-reliant and learning who you are.

Applying what works best for you and not what others tell you to do.

Taking bits and pieces of whatever you learned and developing your own style.

Creating what you want and knowing the ins and outs of how your body works to your advantage.

That's just the tip of the iceberg and plenty more you can learn. Be you and practice what brings you the most benefit and never stop learning.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *