Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Animalistic Physique

Strength comes in all shapes and sizes and so does a physique. It's never easy to obtain the body we always dreamed of and more often than not, it becomes too much of an obsession than a goal to achieve. I personally feel that a body should only look as though it gives off strong vibes and it doesn't always have to be through the bodybuilder type. Certain athletes and other individuals have certain bodies that they have obtained through various styles of training.

Vanity isn't always the most pleasing to me and never wanted to settle looking like a greek god because quite frankly, not all greek god physiques are that strong in this day and age. In all my years, nothing came close to having an animalistic physique that gave you the impression of not only strength but incredible conditioning to go along with it.

When I talk about an Animalistic Physique, i'm talking of those that practice movements based on the ideal of wild animals and building mass or a more sinewy look that just screams fit. Combining elements of bodyweight exercise and animal movement patterns take on a level of exercise that is unique n the sense where the more muscles used in a movement, the greater your fat is burning like a furnace, strength in awkward positions, powerful functional muscle appears and a stronger core. My style is based on Primates and combining various bodyweight movements that creates a whole in a repertoire that not only makes me happy but have a better creative mindset. I'm not talking just movements like an ape but utilizing the pull-up bar to get in all sorts of pulling movements and holds that stretch, strengthen and harmonize the tendons and ligaments of the hands, wrists, forearms, shoulders and back/core.

Even at 250+ lbs. I can do multiple pull-ups in various grips and hanging for periods of time has helped my strength in a great way. Due to my lower back issues, I haven't been as strong as usual but thanks to the Primate Movements & Holds, I have maintained flexibility and strength in my back that I couldn't have done with anything else. My back I feel is the most muscular out of all the other areas of my body but not just muscular but incredibly strong and flexible as well; even though i'm going through a rough patch in my low back, I can still do some cool stuff just not at 100%.

I'm saying this because when you develop and adopt the animal movement style, it changes your body in a unique way, creates spatial awareness and builds on your abilities to move in directions you normally don't do. You enhance the abilities to understand where you are, how you apply the hand placements and the control of the patterns you perform. The more you practice it, the greater your physique will be; it won't turn you into a bloated bodybuilder or have that unrealistic outlook of a V shaped torso but it can create a stronger core, build muscular arms that have all show and go, legs that are explosive and grip power unlike anything else.

You are an animal, act like it. For more info on Animal Exercise, go to the right of this blog and click on the pics of the Gorilla, Puma & Mandrill (Baboon).

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *