Monday, September 4, 2017

HAPPY LABOR DAY: TIP ON HOW TO KEEP MOVING IN YOUR WORKOUTS



Hope everyone is having a fun Labor Day and making the most of it. This weekend has been a partial rollercoaster for me mentally but I never give up on what I love and that's training. Got a couple of new movies on Blu-Ray such as Baywatch & Batman And Harley Quinn and experimented with something I never tried before and wanted to give you a little tip...

During some recent playouts, I tested out how I can keep moving during rest periods or if I start to feel a little tired. It was during my Animal Dice Game and in between rounds I would go to the Airope and do some skipping to keep myself in that cardio zone and boy did it pay off. Just doing enough rest with this to catch my breath but still moving and I was cruising through that game really good. Once I started feeling tired, I repeated the skipping.

Now I know what you're thinking (In that Magnum P.I type tone), you might be asking "Why don't you just use a regular jump rope or just sit down and/or walk around if you're tired?" Well my good man (or woman), I could use a jump rope which I do have that you can get here but lately, its been very smoky due to forest fires from the state east of us (Montana) and breathing that in can be hazardous and it isn't easy to jump rope with ceilings. Also yes I could just walk around which I do from time to time but sitting down is out of the question because in order to stay in top condition in training, you never stop moving.

I like the airope because for one it gives me a chance to work on coordination with my right hand and I can skip anywhere, anytime.  It works the calves like crazy and you get a hell of a lot of cardio out of it and that's what you need to help increase chances of fat loss and weight loss. This is only needed in between sets of any exercise you do or in between rounds if you do circuit training. This keeps the blood flowing and keeps your heart rate at a solid level while "resting". If you prefer a jump rope, awesome use it. Jump ropes are a classic conditioning tool that has been around for generations. The airope is just another tool in the arsenal.

You want to be in as good of shape as possible regardless of what you're training for. Using a simple tool to keep up cardio while going for strength, agility, conditioning and/or endurance can take you into the far reaches of fitness. Imagine what it feels like to never tire, make your friends go "damn does this guy ever stop" and be able to have so much energy you'll be burning calories like no tomorrow. Rope skipping can be a great starting point or it can be a part of your bag of goodies to be in the very best shape possible. Make it work for you.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *