Monday, August 28, 2017

How Long Can You Go In The Jungle?

Every now and then I like to test myself in specific feats or see how long I last during a playout. At one time, I went a FULL HOUR of doing the animal dice game and I tell you man it was brutal and it was a killer set of animals. Roll after roll after roll of various animals, sweating like niagara falls and taking the brutal beating that is the Animal Kingdom.

Doing that was a dedication in a unique way to pro wrestlers that would do what were called "Hour Long Broadways", being able to wrestle continuously for a full hour time limit. The thing with the animals like wrestling is that you don't rest and you keep going even if you have to walk around a bit to catch your breath but you never stop to lay down or just stand. The jungle can be a dangerous place so you have to be prepared (no pun intended to Scar from the Lion King) for whatever comes at you and be able to move & handle your body in every direction and condition the body to keep moving cause if you stay in one spot too long and there's predators, you can get killed.

I ended up finishing the hour long (animal) broadway with I believe 82 rounds and over 935 total steps of movement. That's a lot for moving well over 250 lbs. It takes a mental mindset to push beyond certain limits; I'm not saying to the degree of passing out or throwing up or moving with a vengeance you pull a muscle or tear something. You go until you're done.

Now if I didn't count by writing it down after every roll, I could have easily done 100 rounds or more and if I didn't have a previous minor low back injury I would have moved far faster. It wasn't the greatest idea but I wanted to do it and yes I did take some time off doing other exercises while my back healed. I'm edging close to being 100% completely healed and I will pursue the hour long playout again and this time, I won't hold back; no writing down anything and not stopping unless I really have to to catch my breath but still walk a bit or do marches to keep my cardio up.

How long can you go? The most result producing I have found for me is around 15-30 minutes continuously doing this game. Most people can't handle 10 min. and even less people can do the simple movements. I just like to go until i'm done and call it a day so if there's a day where I'm not scheduled to be anywhere with my girl or family I would go until I say its over but if I have a small window, I use it however I can. You may not even be interested in the game which is fine, do whatever animals you like and keep going until you say it is done. Remember though that if you start to get sloppy at any point during the playout, you stop because that can really hurt you and quite frankly I want you succeeding at being an animal.

Make it fun and interesting for you and go however long you feel works. It is a hell of a way to build phenomenal conditioning and enduring strength. If you happen to get a few looks while you're doing this type of training, embrace it. You just might inspire someone to get fit while having fun while you also may have people run in fear because you are doing something they're not used to seeing. I have literally seen people walk out of parks the moment I started moving like an animal and it has happened quite a few times but you know what; I'm getting fit and conditioned while they live out their unadventurous ways and not see the fact that there is a world out there that can turn them into lean, mean fighting machines and that world is the Animal World.

Grab one or all three animal courses on the right side of this blog and share with me your thoughts on this type of training. Share it on facebook, twitter, send it to your friend's email, put it on tumblr and spread the word of adventurous movement and priceless info on getting the most functionally strong, agile and vigor body on the planet.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *