Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trainers & Their Expertiese

I have been training for well over 13 years and have seen many things and one of the things that bug me are some of the personal trainers out there. I'm not saying they're all bad just some. A few friends of mine are trainers and I highly regard them for their work but at the same time some of the trainers out there are not helping the people they are training period.

I had a trainer in a class and what she taught made some sense but most of it didnt. I admire her work ethic and the way she presents herself but I feel her drawback was to teach people exercise the way she feels they are imitated and done not the way a person's body handles it. Take me for example.....I have a titanium rod in my leg with 8 pins in my left shin and have 2 pins in my right ankle. Now i'm not against plyometrics they're helpful in some areas but not for high rep and jumping as high as you can for long periods of time and arn't that healthy in the long run. This woman was having me do jumping squats and knee to chest walks that not only irritated my legs but I would sometimes have to sit on the floor cause I was in pain.

You're not suppose to teach people exercise that causes pain. Exercise should be about teaching people how to use their bodies the way thats beneficial to their structure and body to weight ratio. You can't teach the same exercise to a guy whos 240 pounds as oppose to a guy who's 170 pounds its just not ethical. You can teach how it works but the individual has to go with his/her own physiology and work with whats healthy for them. I had to quit the class because I was getting burnt out in class and was in pain the majority of the time and I started feeling pain in my knees and arms that goes back to my shot put and lifting days in high school.

Lets take another example and thats Julian Michaels. We've all heard of her on the biggest lose weight loss reality show. She has all these videos and books out on exercise and weight loss but yet she has just as many lawsuits in her way as much as her sales. People getting hurt and needed attention or couldn't handle the workout the way its laid out and so on and so forth. Don't get me wrong shes a beautiful woman and shes putting herself out there to help the world but shes not helping her cause with all these lawsuits like Lindsey Lohan is with her drug problems. Maybe not the best analogy but you get my drift. If she was smart she needs to tell people that if they can't do the way she does an exercise make it work for them not for her. Most people cannot do that kind of work load and expect a healthy body inside and out on a daily basis its not logical nor is it possible. I feel bad for the woman and if she wants to be the trainer she really wants to be she shouldn't be advertising herself with all this crap, she needs to have a bit of sympathy and make an effort to be healthy with her work load on exercise.

So in other words if you're looking for a trainer find one that will help you and help how to use your body structure for the results you want to create and have them teach you how to create self mastery. If they're teaching you how to do something but dont go over key points that are for long term health and vigor for your benefit then he shouldn't be training you at all. Stay strong guys we all strive to better ourselves in one way or another.

No comments:

Sign Up

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *